What is ppcPodcast?
It's a free software client for Windows CE devices such as Pocket PCs and Smart Phones that allows you to subscribe to audio and video programs on the Internet. Applications of this type are often referred to as "podcast aggregators".
Once subscribed, ppcPodcast will automatically show you all available episodes of the subscription, and you can choose which episodes to download, play, or delete. ppcPodcast's multi-threaded architecture means that multiple podcasts can be downloaded simultaneously. ppcPodcast can play any type of podcast file format, as long as there is a registered player associated with that file type.
Bonus: ppcPodcast can even help you find podcasts that interest you. It can download directory trees and live top podcast listings from any of the sites listed in the righthand column.
- Downloads live category listings of popular podcasts as categorized and ranked by several internet podcast directories.
- Supports all podcast media types including audio and video, so long as a valid associated player application is installed on the device.
- Capable of resuming interrupted enclosure downloads.
- Able to import subscriptions from an OPML file, allowing users to import podcasts from other podcasting software applications.
- Able to export subscriptions to an OPML file for use in other podcasting software applications.